Saturday, November 12, 2016

Up and Coming St. Albans, Vermont

It seems lately that St. Albans is changing right before our eyes.  Road work, down town improvements, the parking garage, and now a great hotel being completed on Lake St.  Also, the completion of the Brookside Apartments right across from the Sports Complex are a great addition to our community.

I grew up in St.Albans, then left for a little while to spend some time in California and Connecticut.  I've also gotten to know the great city of Montreal as well.  I remember when I first moved back to Vermont in 1994, how quickly I had forgotten what home was like.  I was really missing the city life and all of it's conveniences and ammenities I had grown accustomed to.

Now that I am older and a little more experienced, I've grown to appreciate the unique lifestyle Vermont has to offer, (as well as the very clean air ♡).  With the advent of the internet and social media, I've discovered that for a small state with less than a million people, we have an incredible offering of unique products and services that I didn't know about previously.

And, now, St.Albans is doing a great job of updating it's look, hosting great festivals throughout the seasons, great food, all with the coziness of a small town.  We have a diverse community, with country folk, also city people who commute to the Burlington area during the week, as well as people of diverse backgrounds.

I am hoping to also promote our own local fashion industry right here, since Franklin County has a reputation throughout the state for having the most beautiful women.

So, come visit St. Albans, Vermont soon and as often as you can, and be a part of the great experiences offered here.  Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment