Saturday, November 1, 2014

Maple Meatloaf

Last night, after we went out trick-or-treating on the street we used to live on in St. Albans, Diamond St., we came home with way more candy than anyone should have in their house. :)  After we settled in, I remembered that I had taken out some frozen ground beef for meatloaf.  So, since meatloaf is so quick and easy to put together, it was no problem, even after trick-or-treating.

As I was mixing the ingredients together, I realized I didn't have enough ketchup.  So, in place of the ketchup, I decided I would try using some Vermont Maple Syrup instead.  I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but, it actually tasted really good.  So, I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.



Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
1 chopped onion
1/2 + 1/3 cups of Vermont Maple Syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, slide oven rack to one below the center level.  
In mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the ground beef and the 1/3 cup of maple syrup.  Then add the ground beef, using your hands to blend the meat with the other ingredients

Put meat mixture in a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.  Pour 1/3 cup of Vermont Maple Syrup over top of meat mixture in pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 60-80 minutes.  (Beef should be 160 degrees when done, until not pink in the center and juices show no pink color.)

No comments:

Post a Comment