Thursday, January 1, 2015

Best Knot To Use For Your Child's Sled

Recently I bought a sled for my daughter from Aubuchon Hardware, here in St. Albans.  I decided to get the Expedition model, since it is designed for carrying heavier loads, and I wanted to be able to take her sledding for a fair distance while snow-shoeing, so I could get some outdoor winter exercise while getting her outside for some fun at the same time.  I discovered that after the strain on the rope from pulling her in the sled part-way up Johnny Cake Hill was a little much for the knots.  So, I got out my handy-dandy "Back To Basics" reference manual for traditional American skills, and looked up their section on knots.  I decided to use the 'Bowline Knot', since it will not slip under tension.



Happy sledding!


No comments:

Post a Comment